Why Did I Have 92494 Skipped Items In BD Total Security System (Full) Scan?

I ran a full scan with Bitdefender Total Security. When it was done, it said that I had 92494 skipped items. I searched the community but all of the skipped items posts were in the archive and the links that they said explained this were dead. So, why did this happen?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello.

Bitdefender has a feature called SmartScan, which decreases the duration of the scan by adding clean files to a cache so that they will be skipped at the next scan if the files have not been accessed or modified in any way. If a file that is already present in the cache is accessed, then it will be removed from the cache. This is what the Skipped Items from Bitdefender scan log represent.

The "cache" created by Bitdefender is the same for all types of scan, also for all the scanned files . Once you ran a scan, the clean files are moved to this cache. Also, Bitdefender is scanning all the files and processes accessed in real time. These are also added to the same cache if they are clean.

Only the clean files are moved to this cache. When you will start a scan, Bitdefender will first check this cache in order to know what files it will skip. Also, once a file from the cache is modified, it will automatically be removed from the cache list and Bitdefender will scan it again in order to make sure the file is clean.

Regards.

Answers

• Gjoksi, Does this apply even if the Scan Only New and Modified Files setting is set to OFF? Thanks