Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Do I Need To Pay After Free Trial Of BD Total Security Ends?

Options
Ashen
edited December 2022 in Central & Subscriptions

Hello y'all

Basically, while I was looking for a solution to the "Unable to connect to the server" error when downloading the bd free version (which I'm still unable to solve), I accidentally activated Total Security free trial. When I realized this, I removed the subscription from my desktop and then deleted the account (just to be sure, lol). Also, this happened yesterday, so, not a day has passed since the free trial activation.

So, is any payment required after free trial? If so, wouldn't it be cancelled after deleting the account?

Thanks for your time.

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

Taken from here:

"If You are a trial or beta user, You may use Bitdefender Solution for evaluation or testing purposes in a non-production environment for thirty (30) days from the date You download Bitdefender Solution (the "Trial Period")."

"Your right to use Bitdefender Solution ends when the Trial Period ends or if You violate any term of this Agreement. Upon termination of the Trial Period, You must delete or destroy all copies of Bitdefender Solution and Documentation and stop using the Service. Your obligations and rights under this Agreement will continue to apply after the end of the Trial Period."

It means that when the trial period will expire, the Bitdefender Total Security solution doesn't goes straight to basic protection, but it simply stops working and therefore it claims that your device is not protected.

If you wanna keep using the Bitdefender Total Security solution, you must buy it.

If you don't wanna keep using it, you don't have to buy it.

Or you can simply uninstall Bitdefender Total Security and install the Bitdefender Free solution, which gives basic protection.

Also, since you deleted your Bitdefender Central account, no further steps are needed.

Regards.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Ashen,

In addion to @Gjoksi's above comment, if you still receive the message: "Unable to connect to the server" when signing in to Central, restart the computer then try again to sign in. Also, check for other security solutions and uninstall them before purchasing Bitdefender. Then restart your computer and try again to sign in.

Should you wish to purchase Bitdefender, kindly be advised there are some considerable discounts available on our official website here.

Please note that, Bitdefender products ordered from the official website are subscription based and the discounted price is valid for the first year of subscription only. By purchasing a product, you will be enrolled in automatic billing but you can cancel the recurring payments anytime. Deleting the Central account will not cancel any ongoing subscription, as this must be canceled separately.

For additional subscription information, head to the link provided by Gjoksi above.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user