Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is it normal to have more than one instance open for program in firewall

Options

I went in to check my rules or my VPN and noticed four instances open for the program. They all appear to be the same and was a little confused by this.

Is this normal? I was not sure which one to change?

Thanks

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Holpet,

This is not the expected behaviour and it has been reported to our development teams. It has been observed that, in some cases, each time a software update for an application takes place, when there is a connection with the application, a new rule is created in Bitdefender firewall.

So in the firewall rules list, you can see more rules for the same application.

There is an ongoing investigation regarding this behaviour and our development teams are looking for a fix that will be deployed via an automated update.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks for info, but do they have any idea on a fix time. Just checked Microsoft Edge and have about 30 instances and if you want to edit the rule, you have no idea on which one you need to change or if it even makes a difference.

Thanks

Chow

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I could not locate a recent ticket. Have you contacted the Support Teams? They can apply the required troubleshooting steps and provide more information on the resolution timeframe.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user