Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

From BD Total Security Trial To BD Antivirus Free. Any Instructions?

Options
p1
p1
edited January 2023 in Install & Updates

Now I have a trial of BD Total Security installed on my PC. What do I need to do to correctly switch to the BD Free? Should I completely remove BD Trial Total Security first or is there another way?

Best Answers

Answers

• p1
    Options

@Gjoksi thanks a lot!

• p1
    p1
    edited January 2023
    Options

I did everything according to the instructions above, but when installing BD Free, the version of Total Security was installed. Perhaps the fact is that the trial version of Total Security has not ended yet?

• p1
    Options

@Alexandru_BD Thanks. But should I frstly uninstall BD Total Security?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Yes, it is true because until your subscription will not end you will automatically be switched to bitdefender total security since at the time of installing any bitdefender product you have to login into your bitdefender central account and when you login it connects with your online central account to check if you currently have a valid ongoing bitdefender subscription active or not.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

You're welcome. You don't need to uninstall Total Security.

Antivirus Free is a "detuned" version of Total Security and once installed, the product will change configuration according to the trial/license/subscription active in the Central account.

For this reason, there is also a "Switch account" feature in the product and this allows you to "link" the antivirus to a different Central account and it will adjust depending on what's running there.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user