Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem When Creating Bitdefender Account For BD Total Security. Any Help?

Options
MVerdonk
MVerdonk
edited January 2023 in Central & Subscriptions

Okay, although I believe that Microsoft Defender is good in Windows 11, I wanted to try BitDefender Anti Virus Free. In order to use it I hat to make an account, and after that was done I used the Free version for a couple of days and already wanted to buy BitDefender Total Security.

So this afternoon I bought BitDefender Total Security online. I got an email with the invoice pdf, a email to welcome me to BitDefender and one email that read....

"Finish creating your account"

That last email hat a button named "set a password". So I clicked on it and it took me to a Bitdefender login page with my name and email address already filled in. Now when I ordered BitDefender Total Security I gave my email address and I had to pick a different password for BTS because I could not remember my BitDefender Anti Virus Free password at that moment. But when I entered that new password I got the message seen on the screenshot?

Name and email have been whited out by me.

I can not seem to get to step 3? Also in some places I read I need some kind of activation code? I did not get a activation code I as far as I know, or do I still get that one afterwards?

Now I first asked on another forum that i visit frequently, if some one there knew what to do. And one person responded and mentioned to me that I can have only one BitDefender account and not two. That person mentioned I should contact BitDefender Support and ask them if they can bind the BitDefender Total Security I bought today to the account I made for BitDefender Anti-Virus Free?

I now remember my BitDefender Anti-Virus Free account password again. :)

Answers