Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Native Apple Silicon And Memory Usage. Any Help?

Options
Shing
edited January 2023 in Install & Updates

I have two questions about Bitdefender for Mac. I have a 2021 MacBook Pro with M1 Pro.

According to the Activity Monitor, Bitdefender is running using Intel code. When will we see an update that makes this app Apple Silicon native?

I have noticed that this app is a memory hog, consistently using more than 1GB of memory. Is this due to the Intel coding? If not, what is Bitdefender doing to reduce this huge resource?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your MacOS device using BDProfiler, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Shing and welcome to the Community!

Since 2021, Apple Silicon is supported. What Bitdefender version do you have? I could not locate your license using the email address registered on the forum. Have you purchased your license from a Bitdefender Partner, or directly from our website?

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have access to Bitdefender through my purchase of a Netgear ORBI router. The email address I used is my "real" email address. The email address I used on this forum is used to hide my real email address. I originally installed this app on my old MacBook Pro (Intel). The app was migrated over when I purchased my current MacBook Pro (Apple). Should I try reinstalling the app to force it to install as Apple silicon native?