Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is bitdefender worth the trouble

1. Both file and folder exclusions do not work.

2. Personal written Scripts are blocked. Powershell and both bat and cmd scripts

3. Scripts are stripped. I.e. a 0 byte file is what remains after a scan.

4. There is no warning as to what bitdefender does before destroying scripts

5. Casting to Samsung TV no longer works

6. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi printing is blocked. Again, there is no warning or a way to exclude devices and scripted apps.

7. There is no way to save or backup configuration files. 

8. In a multi computer configuration there is no way to share a standard configuration

Each machine and device has to be setup individually. 

9. There are far too many popups distracting user operating processes. 99% are bitdefender ads... I only want to know what is being blocked and disinfected.... what affects my normal operatons... 

Comments

• Nige
    Nige ✭✭
    edited February 2023

I’ve used Bitdefender since 2018 and this will be my last year.

tldr: No it’s not worth the trouble,

It may be high on everyone’s list for protection, but the interface is inadequate, features only intermittently work (e.g. scheduled scans) and as you say it’s difficult to turn off all the pop ups, even when one has scoured the unintuitive gui to find settings. The latest issue I have is that Bitdefender Central on ios keep logging me out, and will only show one of my 2 PCs at a time. Support seem friendly enough, but it’s not much more than repeating the same steps, then reinstalling the whole thing again. If I had a euro for every time I’ve had to reinstall BF I’d be able to pay the ridiculously high ‘special offer’ price that they offer through the app, or 10 subscriptions from Amazon for less money (why?).I also find BF is a resource hog when scanning (which it only does when it feels like it, not according to the schedule I wrote). For me the maintenance and nursing of an app that should just do its job unobtrusively is now too much and it’s time for a change.