Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

In BD Central Logged In From Safari, But Visible In active Session As Android Central App. Any Help?

Options
MPr
MPr
edited February 2023 in Central & Subscriptions

I have a problem with Central and potential security threat. I am logged in from Mac Safari, but see myself logged from Android Central app. The case appears to be random - yesterday I was logging in from the same Mac several times, but randomly I saw myself as an Android or Mac. In the login history I recognize my IP address and I have 2-step verification turned on. Any ideas what happened?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central accounta and your devices.

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM them. Just wait for their reply.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @MPr,

I got your private message as well. I would say it's just a visual glitch and you shouldn't be worried about hacking. The engineers can investigate more accurately, if you wish to reach them using the link provided by @Gjoksi above.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• MPr
    Options

Coming back with the reply from BD support team:

„It seems that the situation is caused by an issue that has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix that will be done by means of an automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end”.

It looks like we will not get any details apart from the statement BD works on it.

One more question: hypothetically assuming scenario that somebody hacked my computer what is the chance I could see him/her logged in remotely together with me, like in my case I’ve encountered. What are the other explanations?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@MPr if there was an intrusion, you would have been alerted by Bitdefender.

The Bitdefender solutions include several layers (prevention, protection, remediation - to name a few) and complex technologies developed precisely to ensure that we can protect everything and provide the highest standards of security.

In the event such a scenario takes place, you will be protected by all Bitdefender modules, starting with the firewall.

The firewall is your gate keeper and will ensure your devices are safe. The security modules are designed in a specific way, so that IF a defense fails, another one takes its place.

For example, the firewall prevents the infection from entering the PC from the network, if the firewall fails, Advanced Threat Defense takes over and blocks dubious processes. If this module misses something, then the Antivirus will find any modification of files during scanning.

As per the message received from the Support engineers, this appears to be a visual glitch of some sort and as far as I'm aware, they are working to resolve it.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• MPr
    Options

Ok, thank you for the detailed explanation. Lets hope everything works OK.

On the other note: I have also received exactly the same mail response for another issue/ticket I have opened, thus my trust level for the support center a bit decreased.