Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I'm A Little Bit Concerned About This Game Typically If It's Malicious. Any Help?

i originally uploaded this to Malwarebytes but they told me it was a false positive on virus total so I was just wondering if anybody can let me know if it is malicious or it is a false positive only as far as I know I actually haven't had any issues with the game the company that owns the rights to the game is a Japanese company by the name of illusion they make a lot of adult romance games and it's the first time that they've ended up on our market in the USA for selling their games but I was mostly just curious if their game contained any malicious software in the executables that'll I do know that it's using um unity as the engine to run the game properly but I'm unsure if it's actually safe or not because one of their games was detected as a key logger apparently recently so I was just curious if anybody can test the file and notify me if it contains any malicious software that I should be concerned with .

EDITED: File(s) and/or URL(s) removed by @Gjoksi

"Posting malware samples and /or URLs is not allowed in the community! Do not post direct links to any executable files, malicious/suspicious software or websites in threads, comments or private messages, even if you think the software or site is clean and incorrectly detected by Bitdefender."

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Angelsoulking,

We cannot tell for sure here, but our security researchers will make an accurate diagnosis.

I think that even if the .exe is malicious and tries to execute something, the Advanced Threat Defense will prevent it from taking any malicious actions. This module can detect zero-day threats in real time using advanced heuristic methods and continuously monitors the applications and processes running on your computer. It monitors suspicious activities such as copying files to important Windows operating system folders, executing or injecting code into other processes, multiplying them, changing the Windows registry, or installing drivers.

Each action is scored, and every process receives a danger score. If the overall score for a process reaches a certain threshold, Bitdefender makes the decision to block that application that 99% of the time turns out to be malware. So if the game tries shape-shifting in any way, ATD will block it.

But to be on the safe side and also to raise awareness of potential malware hiding behind this game, it's always a good idea to submit a sample to the Bitdefender Labs for investigation.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers