Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Found Two Bugs In BD Total Security Build 26.0.34.145

Hello,

So, I found two bugs in the latest version of Bitdefender Total Security 26.0. 34.145. Maybe this was present in previous versions too, I don't know.

One of them is, blocking/detection notification is not shown sometimes.

I was downloading a malicious torrent for the purpose of testing. One of the zip files was detected and removed by Bitdefender but no notification was shown. It happened on another occasion also while extracting a malware from a zip.

Another more serious bug is, most of the time scanning zip files that has malware in it is not detected after a scan. Scan report shows that no malware was found but when extracted, they are detected. These are local signature-based detection, not cloud based.

Maybe our mods can first try to see if they can reproduce it on their system to understand if it's an issue for everybody or just mine.

@Flexx You are someone who seem to test malware often. Maybe you should see if you can reproduce, especially the zip file related bug.

Comments