Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Ransomware Remediation Works?

Options

1 - from what i understand the ransomware remediation in bitdefender total security will create a backup for my files in case of ransomware attact but what if i have 1 tb of data on d drive how it will create a backup for 1tb of data ?

can you explain to me how this ransomware remediation works and if i should enable it ?

2 - i watched a video on youtube about bitdefender missing a ransomware during test can you take a look at it so it can be fixed in future updates ?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Answer(s) to Question No. 1:

Check out these comments:

Answer(s) to Question No. 2:

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support (Anti-Malware Research team) by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

In addition to @Gjoksi's insightful post above, I do have something to mention related to point 2.

I have seen this video before, as it was previously brought to our attention by one of our members. The product developers have of course acknowledged this particular test and they are doing some research on their end.

Going forward, whenever it comes to ransomware or a potential incorrect detection for that matter, we offer the users the possibility to report such events by submitting a sample to our Bitdefender Labs using a dedicated form.

Once the analysis of the samples is complete, the detections are added in false negative cases and removed for false positive situations.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user