Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security Always Tries To Do "Something" When My Laptop Is Off (No Scans Scheduled). Any Help?

This morning BD started at 6AM (ventilation started), I started my laptop at 9AM (ventilation hadn't stopped), I had around 600 notifications to add the WIFI as my office network (estimation, first notification 3 hours ago, ~4 notifications per Minute (up to 8/min)). It often turns my laptop back on immediately when I put it in sleep mode (screen black, ventilation on, power button light on), but it doesn't always do it. Can't find a system behind it, it's not a specific time or battery setting, I don't have unresolved threats before I shut my laptop down, sometimes my laptop is off for a couple of hours before it turns back on. It only stops when I press the power button to turn my laptop on for usage. I can see BD was running for hours even though I shut down the laptop. Please let me know what I can do :)

Bitdefender Total Security

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5

Windows 10 (64Bit)

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and see if any of these options: "Activate profiles automatically", "Work Profile", "Movie Profile", "Game Profile", "Public Wi-Fi Profile" or "Battery Mode Profile" is enabled/activated.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited March 2023

Hello @MelissaKim,

I haven't heard this before and and at first glance, it doesn't seem to be a behavior resulting from the activity of the antivirus on the device. If you bring up Bitdefender when encountering this, what does the interface show? Is it doing something, does it scan the device? Make sure to check the profile settings and also if the Bitdefender is set to scan at system startup. Have a look at these two settings and disable them temporarily to see if the behavior changes:

I had around 600 notifications to add the WIFI as my office network - In regards to WI-Fi related notifications, you can setup your network type from the Vulnerability menu:

Also, in the Settings tab you can configure your preferences for the WI-Fi Security advisor and tell it not to check the security status of your WI-Fi connection.

I would also recommend a full system scan.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user