Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Gen:variant.tedy.319128?

Options

Hello,

Earlier today, I was simply downloading some updates for some Java plugins that I use in Eclipse. Along with this, I also downloaded the JavaFX SDK from Gluon. Downloads and installations went fine, and then, there it was, BD detected an infected file.. I submitted a bdsyslog, though, my computer is acting quite strange? I have ran multiple full system scans and deleted some applications I was working on (sigh....). So, if BD is saying my system is clean, why is it exhibiting ransomware-like behavior? Also, if an infected file was detected and quarantined, is there a possibility that some of my data may been written somewhere else? While I am concerned, I understand that this software doesn't really protect as its marketed to. The file name: main.exe was the name of the file that was quarantined. The weirdest thing about this was that the name of the Java class file was not main, but I did run another file that was a Rust file(main.rs) in VScode a couple of hours earlier... It was just weird considering that It happened right after downloading the Eclipse

Any feedback is appreciated!

😊

Comments