Unable to install Bitdefender on Window 11 laptop

tvbeer
tvbeer Unable to install Bitdefender on Windows 11 laptop
edited July 2023 in Install & Updates

Getting an error message when trying to download the downloaded program file that says

The app you are trying to install isn't a Microsoft- verified app. The pop up error box suggest I go the MS store or change settings. I have tried changing settings but that does not seem to help.

I have tried to install via link and direct download from this site.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @bongo042,

I'm sorry to hear this. I will get in touch with the Support engineers to find out what happened. I noticed you have 2 open tickets and they will be merged into a single request, to speed up troubleshooting.

I think that the error you receive - The app you are trying to install isn't a Microsoft- verified app comes up because your Windows is running in S mode. Windows in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode. Follow the steps below and try to install Bitdefender afterwards:

Let us know if this helps. Otherwise, kindly wait for the Support engineers to reply on your open case, as I have now requested them to have a look asap.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user