How do I set up Bitdefender to scan emails/attachments (Gmail) for harmful links on PC and Android?

How do I set up Bitdefender to scan emails/attachments (Gmail) for harmful links on PC and Android? 

Answers

• Hello @BWNash and welcome to the Community!

Bitdefender Shield, the real-time protection feature included in our security software, provides continuous protection against a wide range of malware threats by scanning all accessed files and e-mail messages on your PC.

Bitdefender will scan all emails (both POP3 and IMAP, depending on the email client). POP 3 are scanned automatically upon arrival. For IMAP, this is scanned only on access. That is, when you try to access resources from those IMAP emails, they will be scanned.

When it comes to Android, Mobile Security scans apps and links on access by default. Mobile Security has also received a significant upgrade with Chat Protection, which now fends off threats on WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Discord and Telegram, besides the SMS and notification protection offered by ­Scam Alert.

You can find more information about this feature by clicking on the article below:

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user