unable to start GTA V following recent update

After downloading the latest update I can't start gta5 unless I disable Bitdefender beforehand.

Please fix this

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Follow the steps from this article:

If that dind't help, open your Bitdefender program and go to Protection -> Advanced Threat Defense -> Settings and switch off the Exploit Detection feature.

If that also dind't help, you should do the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a log file on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Hi @Fraric99,

Kindly let us know if the above instructions work for you. If not, we will look into this further.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Fraric99
    edited May 2023

These past few days I've noticed a major slowdown upon opening folders containing heavy video files and executing videogames in general, not just GTA; I tried keeping an eye on the task manager while executing games, whenever I did I noticed "bdservicehost" shooting up in disk usage, overtaking the game itself.

Now I'm not an expert but I think it's safe to assume Bitdefender is scanning games before letting them run properly, this is a problem since it's completely unnecessary for the games I'm trying to run, in GTA's case the social club client bugs out before the game can try to run altogether.

I did some troubleshooting: by disabling "Exploit Detection" under the Advanced Treat Defence tab the issue still persists. The issue also persists when disabling both "Advanced Threat Defence" and "Exploit Defense". Adding the specific .exe files to the Manage Exceptions tab also doesn't seem to help. I found out the only way to solve the issue is by disabling "Bitdefender Shield" under the Antivirus tab.

As far as I understand this effectively means disabling the entire antivirus software, which isn't something I feel comfortable doing every time I want to play something. Let me know what else I can do now.

I should note that I'm a new Bitdefender user, I've been using it for a month or so and although I can't pinpoint exactly when the problem began I can safely say that the first few weeks of usage were just fine and the issue only came up recently.