Could someone identify this trojan? Bitdefender keeps detecting it but it is unclear where it comes in from. Maybe from social media like Twitter videos?
Thanks for a feedback.
Only the malware researchers at Bitdefender Labs can help you with the issue, so do the steps below.
First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,
create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:
create a log file on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:
Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:
with short description of the issue.
After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.
Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.
Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.
Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.
You could also report the file(s) and/or the URL(s) as false positive to Bitdefender Labs here:
Check if below steps helps you in any way.
1) Restart PC in safe mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234
2) Open run command and run below command one by one:
temp ,delete all the files in the folder
%temp% ,delete all the files in folder
prefetch ,delete all the files in folder
3) Restart your PC in general mode by unticking the option that you selected to run the system in safe mode and then click apply.
4) Reset your browsers:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings
Microsoft Edge: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-microsoft-edge/
5) Reset windows host file to default: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default-c2a43f9d-e176-c6f3-e4ef-3500277a6dae
6) Run Disk Cleanup: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/disk-cleanup-in-windows-8a96ff42-5751-39ad-23d6-434b4d5b9a68
Can you share the virustotal link of the sample here if possible.
OMEN Laptop 15-en1037AX (Bitdefender Total Security) & Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Bitdefender Mobile Security)