Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unwanted Bitdefender password manager

Options

I just wasted an hour on my wife's Android phone, trying to keep from installing the Bitdefender password manager (free trial.)

The "install" occupied the entire screen and would not let me exit it.

Finally, I switched to "install chrome" when I did a restart, which solved the problem.

NOW I have an email from Bitdefender thanking me for "trying the password manager." But I DON'T want it.

How can I avoid this?

Best Answer

• Joschka
    Joschka
    Answer ✓
    Options

The "Data & Privacy" tab offers me just ONE choice:

"Yes, please remove the trial.

Thank you!

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

1. On any internet-connected device launch a web browser, visit https://central.bitdefender.com and sign in to your Bitdefender Central account.

2. Click on your username in the top right corner and select "Bitdefender Account" in the menu. This option will launch in a new browser tab.

3. Access the "Data & Privacy" tab, then click on the "Privacy preferences" section.

4. Uncheck both boxes to stop promotional messages:

- Receive in product insights regarding threats, news, and offers.

- Receive insights regarding threats, news, and offers via email.

Regards.

• Joschka
    Joschka
    edited June 2023
    Options

The "Data & Privacy" tab offers me just one option:

"Delete account

Your Bitdefender central account associated with the e-mail address will be permanently deleted"

That is not what I want to do.

I would also point out that, by implication, what I received is a "promotional message" which falsely asserts I agreed to try the Password Wallet feature. I did NOT!

• Gjoksi
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello again.

In that case, ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account, your subscriptions, your devices, your payments/purchases and/or your trial product(s).

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM them.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Joschka,

I can remove the Password Manager trial for you, if you wish.

Should you decide to leave it like this, It will expire on 2023/09/08.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Posiadam subskrypcję Bitdefendera dla wielu urządzeń oraz w pakiecie subskrypcji jest opcja przechowywania haseł w portfelu. Dlaczego na podstawie wewnętrznej polityki firmy Bitdefender mam utracić prawo do korzystania z portfela haseł. Nie chcę nowego rozwiązania skoro to obecne dobrze się spisuje, nie chcę płacić za kolejną wprowadzaną usługę, Czy może ktoś mi to wyjaśnić?

• Gjoksi
    Options
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Joschka,

It should be done now, simply logout and login again in Central and check if the trial is gone.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user