Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender VPN

Options

Hi

30 day trial to test the speed VPN, very bad, only 300 mbps, i have 1 gbps ethernet speed, i tried windscribe and malwarebytes vpn, superior speed 8oo mbps, i tried vienna server for all 3 vpn, please update !

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Follow the steps from this article:

If that didn't help, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• DJDANY
    Options

thank you for reply but this not help me ... bitdefender staff need to update vpn app or servers !

• Gjoksi
    Options

@Alexandru_BD

Anything to add here, mate? Thanks.

• DJDANY
    Options

with bitdefender vpn

i post speed test when i can add links

• Gjoksi
    Options

@Alexandru_BD works for Bitdefender. So, wait for his response. Thanks.

• DJDANY
    Options

i whait, me and others users

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @DJDANY,

Have you already followed the troubleshooting steps described in the article shared by @Gjoksi and your internet connection speed did not improve?

The VPN can potentially slow down your internet connection due to several reasons:

Encryption and decryption: When you connect to a VPN, your internet traffic is encrypted to secure it from eavesdropping. This encryption process adds overhead, as your data needs to be encrypted before being sent and decrypted when received. The encryption and decryption process can introduce additional latency, resulting in slower internet speeds.

Longer route and distance: When you use a VPN, your internet traffic is typically routed through the VPN server before reaching its destination. This additional step can increase the distance that your data needs to travel, leading to higher latency and slower speeds.

Server congestion: If the VPN server you're connected to is experiencing high traffic or congestion, it can impact your internet speed.

Internet service provider (ISP) throttling: Some ISPs may intentionally throttle or slow down certain types of internet traffic, including VPN traffic. They may do this to manage network congestion or enforce their terms of service. In such cases, using a VPN can bypass ISP throttling, but the VPN itself may introduce some speed reduction.

VPN server location: The physical location of the VPN server you connect to can affect your internet speed. If the VPN server is located far away from your actual location, it can result in longer latency and slower speeds. Try to connect to a server that's closer to your location and see if the speed improves.

It's worth noting that this is not a general issue and slowdowns might be encountered here and there. This is when the above factors should be taken into consideration. There are remediation steps, but these are not guaranteed to work all the time, it really depends on what is causing the slowdown and what can be done about it. Otherwise, you should choose the VPN that's best suited for your needs and offers the optimal speed you require.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @DJDANY

On my Android phone, BD VPN is very nice speed-wise and feature-wise. On my PC's I could never get the speeds as with some of the other vendors VPN's I have subscriptions with. It's just a trade-off as far as the features the BD VPN desktop version offers, like Split Tunneling for Apps and Websites (especially websites) that can be whitelisted which some of the other vendors don't provide that option.

I also appreciate Alexandru's last paragraph, some VPN's have different speeds (and options), so it's just a matter of what's more important to you :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• DJDANY
    DJDANY
    edited June 2023
    Options

thank you guys for info, but yes, problem it is bitdefender app, i tried auto same speed

ipleak dns leaking DNS