Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cloud Scan at Startup - can I stop this?

Options

I have cloud storage that appears as a drive on my PC. Whenever I boot my PC up it automatically starts scanning the device (which is what I want) but it also scans my cloud storage (which I don't want). Is there any way I can exclude the cloud storage from the device scan that is carried out when I bootup my PC? I have gone into Protection Antivirus and set that drive as an exception - but it still includes it in the device scan.

Tagged:

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

1. Open the Bitdefender app installed on your device

2. Click on Protection from the left side

3. Click on Open from the Antivirus feature

4. Click on Settings Tab. There you should see "Scan mapped network drives" and from the drop-down menu to the right you can select the option to "Disable", "Autoscan" or "Ask every time" depending on your needs.

As a side note, in the same Settings tab you have the option to scan CD & DVD and flash drives, you can change the options there as well in case you don't want Bitdefender to scan those automatically.

Regards.

• Thanks for getting back to me Gjoksi. I had tried that but it still scanned it. I think I may have resolved it by setting up an exception for the items on the cloud that I don't want to be scanned. Thanks for you comment of the options to scan Cd & DVD and Flash drives - I've set those to "Ask Every Time" - although I may in time set them back to Autoscan. Thanks for your help.