Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN Disappears Like a Ghost after Reinstalling Program. What's happening?

Options

I was trouble shooting another error and I tried a few things but no joy. The help file suggested that I uninstall/reinstall the VPN application. The uninstall went fine but the reinstall is the oddest thing I've seen since I started with the first IBM PC. The VPN installs with no problem. I click on the connect button and get the confirmation that the VPN is connected and shows my IP address. Then it just disappears. All of it is gone! Even the Start button icon is gone. There's no longer a VPN application visible on the Start - More Apps list. No app in Windows 11 settings applications. The only thing left are the program files in File Explorer under Program Files - Bitdefender - Bitdefender VPN. I tried reinstalling a couple of more times but got the same result. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the cause? Or the fix?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello @Skyeclipper,

I think more information might be required to solve this one. When there are situations related to VPN, especially if the app doesn't behave as expected after being installed and prior to launching it, it's best to contact the Support engineers for a more in-depth investigation. When contacting them, make sure to have the following information available:

1. The OS on which the vpn is running

2. Your Central account

3. If using standalone VPN or VPN in BMS

4. Whether the problem occurs only on mobile data or only on wifi or present on both. Preferably try multiple networks

5. App version and the IP address displayed in the interface

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user