Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security Icon Is Greyed Out

Options

I see this was addressed in 2016, but I am hoping for a more current response.

When I right click on it, it shows "update now". I have done so several times without any changes.

Left clicking opens the dashboard showing "you are safe", but when I click on "my account" my name is no longer there. It does show I have 600+ days of protection left.

Do I need to put in an activation code again when it has renewed? If so, I cannot find that email with the information.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Ryan James,

I have noticed that your Total Security subscription is valid until 2025. If you open the Bitdefender interface and your account is not displayed there, click on the 'Switch account' feature to re-enter your account credentials. This should synchronize the product with the subscription from Central.

If Bitdefender is not working at all, the system tray icon appears grayed out. This usually happens when the subscription expires, but it can also occur when the Bitdefender services are not responding or when other errors affect the normal operation of Bitdefender. In this scenario, I recommend that you restart Windows. If the issue persists after a reboot, reinstall your Bitdefender product.

In the event the automatic renewal feature is enabled, the validity of your subscription will be extended automatically and no action is required from your end. An activation code is generated only when you place a new order to renew manually, or whenever you purchase a new Bitdefender license/subscription.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you for the response. It has not helped.

My computer has been rebooted several times now. When I go to the dashboard and click on "Switch Account" nothing happens. It does not change.

I did find the page to enter the activation code, entered it again, and it showed that my account had already been activated. The icon is still grey.

When I opened the dashboard, it showed an update. I updated it, so I am guessing it is fine. True?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Ryan James,

Thank you for your response.

The activation code can only be used once and further subscription management is achieved using the Central account. But I suspect this is not a subscription-related issue, considering the UI shows you are protected and the correct validity is also displayed there. Please do let us know if the latest update fixed this behavior.

The most recent version of Bitdefender was released on July 11, 2023. It has the build number 27.0.14.78. If your Bitdefender doesn’t have the same build number, keep in mind that product updates are rolling out gradually to all customers, and your PC may not have the live build just yet. Once the staged rollout update reaches 100%, it is automatically downloaded and installed. Then, Bitdefender will recommend a system restart to get the latest benefits included in the new version.

In the event the issue persists even after the latest update, please contact the Technical Support teams to request a more in-depth investigation on the machine.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards,

Alex

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Ryan James

"When I opened the dashboard, it showed an update. I updated it, so I am guessing it is fine. True"?

It sounds like it resolved itself with all that you did, maybe it was also a bit of a Central syncing issue, but you should be good to go.

Cheers,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• After submitting a ticket, I received this response. Apparently, there is nothing to do on my end.

"Thank you for your patience please accept my apologies for the frustration that we might have caused.

I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue that has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix that will be done by means of an automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

I will get back to you with an update regarding the fix as soon as we have one."

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Ryan James,

Indeed, this became a known issue that is being addressed by the development teams. After the latest build v27, when trying to access Bitdefender through the system created shortcut, it may return an error that Bitdefender cannot be found. This can also be accompanied by the error “Communication failure”. We are expecting a fix soon and as the engineers mentioned, it will be deployed with an automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and for sharing the response received from the Support teams.

Regards,

Alex