Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does Bitdefender Internet Security log users browsing history?

Options

Hello all, this is the second time I've posted this question. My first post was deleted for some reason.

I am wondering if Bitdefender Internet Security logs users internet history. The Online Threat Prevention for example, uses a Cloud based method and checks every page.

Does this mean that Bitdefender is monitoring and logging the websites we visit?

Referring to 2.2 of the privacy policy; - "when you use Bitdefender products it is possible to share with us some technical details, such as data for identifying the device (UUID), the infected URL you reported or an IP addresses. "

Does this just refer to an IP address that has been reported as malware, or all IP addresses that a user visits? And is just the web page, or can Bitdefender see exactly what we do on the page?

If someone from Bitdefender could clarify what exactly is monitored and recorded with regards to internet usage, that would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Phil 432 and welcome to the Community!

All URLs are sent to the cloud for the purpose of checking if they're malicious or not. The safe ones are discarded on the spot, and the infected ones are kept for the purpose of being displayed in the product's event history and in the Central account. They are included in those notifications and whenever the notifications are deleted, the information is gone.

Whenever you try to visit a website classified as unsafe, the website is blocked and a warning page is displayed in your browser. The page contains information such as the website URL and the detected threat. But your activity on a specific page is not monitored, as this is not relevant to the purpose of protection. If the link clears out, there's no need for it to be logged anywhere in the first place.

For more information on the personal data collected by Bitdefender, you can always consult the Privacy Policy for Bitdefender Home Solutions at the link below:

In regards to your first post, I think you might have accidentally flagged it as spam after posting it (there is a flag reaction below each forum comment), because I could locate it in the anti-spam queue.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user