Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

File Shredder does not open

Options

I use File Shredder on a regular basis. Last week it quit working. When I right click on a file and select File Shredder, nothing happens. I have completely uninstalled Bitdefender Total Security and reinstalled the program, but File Shredder still does not work. I have a Dell G15 with a 12th generation Intel Core i7-12700H 2.3 GHz processor and 16 GB RAM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Me too, File Shredder does not show up even I reinstalled it

• Brogo
    Options

Same here. For a week now the file shredder does not open anymore. Neither via tile in the app nor via context menu.

De-/reinstallation done as recommended: did not help.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Here are some things you can try:

1) Make sure that Bitdefender Total Security is up to date. You can check for updates by going to the Bitdefender icon in the system tray, clicking on Menu, and selecting Check for updates.

2) Restart your computer. This may sometimes fix software issues.

3) Disable any third-party antivirus programs that you're using. Sometimes, third-party antivirus programs can interfere with Bitdefender Total Security.

4) Create a new user account on your computer and try using Bitdefender File Shredder from that account. This will help you determine if the issue is with your user account or with Bitdefender Total Security itself.

If you're still having trouble, you can contact Bitdefender support for help. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or fix the issue for you.

Generate bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/

Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

If the generated logs are larger in size, you can upload the logs to google drive or we.tl (7days link validity for free users) or ask the support team to provide you with the online link & password of bitdefender cloud where you can upload the logs and share the upload link with the support team.

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Have any of you been able to resolve this issue yet?