Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Product Becoming A Confusing Mess

Options

I currently have a subscription of Antivirus for Mac. I have tried to find a way to contact Customer Support but, alas, I gave up. Here now to state my grievance/questions. As I approach my renewal date I am considering a new company for protection. My fundamental issue is this. When I purchased the original subscription the description led me to believe I was making a smart purchase for protecting my Mac. It didn't take long before I began seeing almost constant requests to upgrade to additional BitDefender products to achieve better protection. At times it seemed every component of the product, when used, led me to ads for upgrades to address threats. Due to this, I have come to feel the product I purchased has, overall, very limited use in fully protecting my devices. I have lost count of the number of upgrades/additional products I have been requested to add. In addition, the sheer number of different products needed "to accomplish the mission" leaves my head spinning. Now, I am looking at a $79 renewal fee to continue with what the Company has caused me to believe to be a lacking & deficient product. How many modules/components must a Mac user purchase to get full, reasonable, and effective protection? What would be the cost of such, if it exists? Why can't these products be integrated into one, more manageable product. Sometimes I feel as though I've purchased a car that runs but is missing the windows I expected would come with car!! Yeah, one could drive it BUT .....

If I renew I want to know that my renewal fee provides effective protection from threats. I am tired of the requests to purchase more and to keep up with all the products in use now for my covered devices. A response from Bitdefender staff would be appreciated but anyone's input would likely be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Here's a full list of Bitdefender home products and subscriptions:

-- Bitdefender ULTIMATE SECURITY PLUS --

- Available For USA Only -

Included: Premium VPN (Unlimited VPN Traffic), Password Manager, 3-Bureau Credit Report And Changes, Up To $2 Million Identity Theft Insurance, 401(K) Plan And Investment Monitoring

Operating Systems: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS

Number Of Devices: 10 / 1

Subscription: 1 year / 1 month

-- Bitdefender ULTIMATE SECURITY --

- Available For USA Only -

Included: Premium VPN (Unlimited VPN Traffic), Password Manager, 1-Bureau Credit Report And Changes, Up To $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance

Number Of Devices: 10 / 1

-- Bitdefender PREMIUM SECURITY --

Included: Premium VPN (Unlimited VPN Traffic), Password Manager

Number Of Devices: 10

-- Bitdefender FAMILY PACK --

Included: Limited VPN Traffic (200 MB Per Day)

Number Of Devices: 15 / Household

Subscriptions: 1 year, 2 years, 3 years

-- Bitdefender TOTAL SECURITY --

Number Of Devices: 5, 10

-- Bitdefender INTERNET SECURITY --

Operating System: Windows

Number Of Devices: 1, 3, 5, 10

-- Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS PLUS --

Operating System: Windows

Number Of Devices: 1, 3, 5, 10

-- Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS --

Operating System: macOS

Number Of Devices: 1, 3

-- Bitdefender SMALL OFFICE SECURITY --

Included: Limited VPN Traffic (500 MB Per Day)

Number Of Devices: 5, 10, 20

-- Bitdefender MOBILE SECURITY --

Operating System: Android, iOS

Number Of Devices: 50 / 1 Account

Subscription: 1 year

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and answer your questions.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Rob B,

Thanks for joining the conversation here and for sharing your valuable feedback with the community.

From what I've noticed, you do have the most complete antivirus protection with Total Security. There are indeed additional products that can be purchased to enhance data protection, passwords security and digital identity protection, but these are entirely optional. It really depends on the amount of security that you require and what is most important to you. Raising awareness of such products doesn't mean that your current cybersecurity solution is insufficient or incomplete. It means there is more out there and the Bitdefender users can now boost their defenses to a higher level, if required. Moreover, the latest offerings can be bundled together with Premium Security, Ultimate Security or Ultimate Security Plus.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user