Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Allan Ronk

Options
AllanR
edited September 2023 in Central & Subscriptions

I wanted to upgrade my exisiting bitdefender. What seems to have happened is that I now am paying for 2 versions and have to do a new install to "upgrade" and will now have the new version with overlapping subscriptions.

What have I done wrong???

Allan

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account, your devices, your payments/purchases and/or your subscription(s).

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM them.

Regards.

• Hello @AllanR,

Indeed, you have two overlapping subscriptions and you can cancel one of them by contacting the Support teams using the above link. Whenever the existing subscription and the new one are not identical in terms of devices and configuration, the activation is only possible in parallel. So, if you had a Total Security subscription and you have upgraded your protection by purchasing a Premium Security subscription, the previous subscription should be cancelled and this way a single subscription will be displayed in your Central account.

Bitdefender's subscription model allows subscriptions to be either extended, or activated in parallel in the Central account, with the scope to protect more devices. The Central acccount can accommodate multiple subscriptions at the same time, but in the event you do not require this and only need a single product, your subscriptions can be adjusted by the Support teams.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks Guys,

Seemed to be a no way to see a path forward. Will contact them to sort the mess.