Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

About secure softwares for Win 10

Options

I wanted to know if some of the famous softwares that make you device fast are really secure or just spyware.

What's your opinion on CCleaner ?

If that's not secure then kindly let me know what software should I use for faster performance.

Answers

• Anyone please guide me.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

For faster performace, in the past i used CCleaner, but now i'm using Glary Utilities PRO:

In my opinion Glary is better than CCleaner.

As for system secure, i use only Bitdefender Total Security.

Regards.

• Okay. I have heard Glary for the first time. Isn't is a adware or something like that ?

• Hello,

As far as I'm aware, the clean registry function in CCleaner can create some problems on the PC..

Personally, I do not recommend third party programs for PC optimization. Disk cleaner from windows and as few programs as possible installed and set to start at windows startup ensure the best device hygiene, in my opinion.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Options

@Alexandru_BD

Hello, buddy.

You are wrong. Like i already said, i used to use CCleaner, now i use Glary and never had any problems with the registry or system folders/files.

Regards.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Alexandru_BD.. lol, you are not alone, I am wrong, too :)

My favorite utilities for Windows, and I don't even let BD delete the registry keys. Some of the utility software can find to many reg keys. I don't know too much about Glary, but CCleaner...which I haven't used in a long time, only installing it to help on another post here in the forum.

:)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• I think there is no safe registry cleaner, any of them may corrupt your Windows. And this corruption may be revealed several months later unfortunately.

Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners - see this article:

The moral is: use at your own risk. 🙂

Regards

• Gjoksi
    Options

@Alexandru_BD

Buddy, you said:

The moral is: use at your own risk.

Does this also applies for the OneClick Optimizer module in all Bitdefender home products, since it is a disk and registry cleaner? 🤔

Thanks for the answer.

Regards.

• No, because OneClick Optimizer identifies invalid or outdated references in the windows registry in a safe way that doesn't compromise your system 🙂 It's less "aggressive" that other registry cleaners.