Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security VPN v Premium VPN

Options
RogerDodger
edited September 2023 in VPN

I have the Total Security Package, which includes VPN.

How different is this from the Premium VPN product? Is it worth upgrading?

Best Answer

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @RogerDodger

It depends on how much you're going to use it. 200 MB goes pretty quickly, as you can test for yourself.

This article will to explain it. With the basic VPN you now have, it will only connect to the closest server, you will not have the option to connect to one of the other 53 servers manually, as well as the 200 MB daily limit compared to Premiums unlimited.

What is the difference between the standard and the Premium version?

The standard version is included by default in your Bitdefender product on Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS. It offers 200 MB daily traffic per device (a 500 MB daily traffic quota is included only in Bitdefender Small Office Security subscriptions) and automatically connects you to the optimal server, without having the possibility to change it. You can purchase the Premium VPN subscription to get unlimited traffic and the option to connect to any available server. The benefits of the Premium version will get unlocked once you activate the subscription.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Answers

• apr
    Options

I have the latest VPN and have connected using the App with confirmation that I am connected to a certain country but running the whereami app the results show I am not.

any help welcome

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

Try going to ipleak.net and see if you get the same result, or if it shows the correct connection as in the BD VPN server location.

Regards.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @apr,

In some countries, there are also virtual locations and this means that servers are hosted in other parts and plug in specific IPs so that you can actually connect to the desired location, but these are very few and designed only as a backup in some countries, depending on the available infrastructure. The location is chosen randomly, but also based on server load in your area or surrounding areas. If VPN servers are under heavy use in the selected country, for example, the location will move further and further away until it finds a server that is less strained. This will help streamline the connections and will ensure proper network speeds are met.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user