Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

On startup of Firefox, how to stop "Bitdefender Password Manager" tab from opening by default

Options

Would anyone know how I can get the  Bitdefender Password Manager tab NOT to open when I open Firefox, but still enable the use of the Bitdefender Password Manager? I have Bitdefender v. 27.0.20.106.

One can disable the Bitdefender Password Manager add-on, which stops the tab from being displayed on startup of Firefox. But this disables the add-on, which isn't what I want.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @kamyot,

If you lock your device without closing your browser, Password Manager doesn’t lock and you can access your data when you return. As a security measure, every time you open the browser you have to sign in with your Bitdefender Central account and then input your Master password.

• To stop the Central sign-in prompt, go into Settings and tick “Disable login tab on startup”.
    • To stop the master password prompt for 72 hours, check the “Remember me” box on the Unlock your vault screen.

Let us know if this is what you require.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello Alexandru,

The Password Manager tab is no longer displayed when I open Firefox.

Thanks for your help!

Karen

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Are you using Firefox in private mode? If yes, there is an incompatibility with Password Manager, as explained in the thread below:

Regards

• Hi,

No, I don't usually use Firefox in private mode. But thanks for pointing out the incompatibility for when I do.

K

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

I use Chrome myself so I'm not really up to date with Firefox. I know for a fact that the extension is hidden in Chrome, to access the Password Manager icon you have to click on the small jigsaw puzzle icon near the address bar. The “Extensions” menu will appear, displaying all the enabled add-ons.

Nevertheless, the extension should not vanish by itself and if it does, I think it's necessary to get in touch with Support to figure this out. If the issue persists, you can reach out to the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Chat would be the fastest way to contact them.

Let us know how it goes, I'm curious what's the reason behind this behavior.

Regards

• Hi,

The problem no longer exists. However, I'm not positive what setting change made the difference. But, your message got me on the right path.

Thanks again,

K.