Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firefox: Keep being asked to set up a master password while I already have one

Options

Hello,

I use Mozilla Firefox as my main browser and I set up my Password Manager months ago, but for some reason Firefox/Password Manager forgot this and keeps asking me to set up a master password. When I do this, it loops back to the login and I am then asked again to create a master password.

I've been away from my computer for a few weeks, so I don't know when this started happening. It worked fine at the end of September.

Is anyone else having this problem and if yes, how did you get out of this loop?

It seems to be a Firefox thing because when I installed the Password Manager on Microsoft Edge everything worked as intended.

Thanks!

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

My specs: OS Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 With Latest Windows Updates Installed, OS Build 19045.3570, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0, BD Password Manager 1.2.4 On Mozilla Firefox 118.0.2 x64

Personally i don't have that problem. Once set, i'm never asked to create a Master password.

I think you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> select your product, for example: Bitdefender Total Security, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.