Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ongoing (1 year +) issue with updates to Mac threat information database...

Options

I've subscribed to Bitdefender for my company's Macs for the past couple of years and over the past year or so I have had to delete and re-install your software every few weeks in order to ensure that I continue receiving the daily (or 2x daily) threat info. database updates. Each time I do so, updates work as expected for some period of time, but then cease. For example, during this most recent iteration, I updated your solution on October 25th and updates worked fine until November 24th, but since then have received no updates (it's now November 28th). Even when I attempt to force an update manually I get a message that "Anti-virus for Mac is up to date" with the date of the last update next to this message (11/24/2023, 8:54 am).

Frankly, this is ridiculous and you all need to figure out this issue ASAP. This isn't the first time I've contacted you all about this and I don't want to have to continue to do this / expose my computers to potential risk due to a lack of updates. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Comments

• sleepdoc
    Options

@AC3 I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having the same trouble as me but at least I feel validated that I’m not alone in this weirdness (as can you, I hope). Agree that uninstalling and reinstalling on a routine basis isn’t a viable long term solution.

Has the uninstall reinstall solution worked for you before? How often have you had to do it?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Reinstalling does not help in this scenario. It will show that it's updating then, because the installed version has old signatures, but it will still reach the last ones available before. There was indeed an isolated issue where updates were not pushed in the past 4 days, but this has been resolved now.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• AC3
    Options

Sleepdoc - uninstalling / re-installing the product appears to have worked in the past, with updates once again being received 2-3x daily once I do. That said, having to do so 1x + per month (as I have over the past year) is not a viable solution.

Alex - saw your response and all I can say is that this is NOT a one-time issue. It happens every 3-4 weeks (and has over the past year), and I've never received a proper explanation as to why. If this continues to happen I'm sorry to say that I'll need to find a new solution for our Macs which won't make me particularly happy as I overall like your product otherwise.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @AC3,

As far as I know, we received a few mentions on the forum regarding this, but I'm not sure if this has happened before with recurrence. Nevertheless, I got in touch with the Antivirus for Mac engineers to let them know about this and they will investigate further, to ensure this doesn't occur again in the future.

Thanks for joining us here and I hope you'll stay a little longer 😉

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user