Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No warning of auto renewal

Options

I have to say I feel a bit let down by Bitdefender this year.

I received no 7 day warning or confirmation of auto renewal so now discover from my bank statement that have been charged full price of £74.99.

I have used Bitdefender Total Security for several years now (quite happily) and always stop auto renewal to benefit from discounted prices (even though it is not easy to find out where to do it).

This year I thought I had disabled it, but obviously not. It seems very unfair to charge full price with no warning or notification. I think the auto renew process could be revised so that you get the option to opt out permanently.

As it's only 4 days since it renewed, I considered claiming a refund, then purchasing again at the discounted price, but wasn't sure that would work. Is there anything you can do about this?

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Taken from here:

"AUTOMATICAL RENEWAL. You agree to permit Bitdefender directly or through its providers to automatically renew your subscription to Bitdefender Solution by charging a valid credit card number which you have provided them. By providing a payment information, You are authorizing to charge your card information, through the authorized provider for the subscription fees associated with the Bitdefender Solution fees that you sign up for.

Your subscription will be automatically renewed prior to the expiration of the term and each anniversary thereafter for a fee no greater than Bitdefender's then-current price, excluding promotional and discount pricing offered at the renewal time. You agree to provide the payment provider the current, complete and accurate information for your billing account. You must promptly update all information to keep your billing account current, complete, and accurate (such as, but not limited to a change in billing address, credit card number, or credit card expiration date), and you must promptly notify if your credit card is cancelled (such as, but not limited to for loss or theft). If you fail to provide any of the foregoing information, you agree that Bitdefender through its payment providers may continue charging you for any subscription automatically renewed unless you inform not to renew your subscription to Bitdefender Solution prior to the expiration of your subscription to Bitdefender Solution and informing them of your desire not to have such subscription automatically renewed. This Agreement will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any of the limitations or other requirements described herein.

The Bitdefender Solution may automatically be deactivated at the end of the Subscription Period, if you disable the automatic renewal and You will not be entitled to receive any feature or content updates to the Bitdefender Solution.

Upon any termination or expiration of this Agreement, you must cease use of Bitdefender Solution and destroy all copies of Bitdefender and the Documentation."

You can stop the auto-renewal for the Bitdefender subscription, by following these steps:

Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, because some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal.

From my personal experience, Method 1 did and still does the job for stopping the auto-renewal.

Also, you can stop the auto-renewal for the Bitdefender subscription by contacting Customer Support at:

cancel@bitdefender.com

Finally, to get a refund, just follow the steps from this article:

You may also obtain a refund by contacting:

refunds@bitdefender.com

within 30 days of your initial purchase or of the automatic renewal date.

Regards.

• Adec
    Options

Thank you for your comment. I have now requested disabled auto-renew and requested a refund as you have suggested.