Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Android icon random 1

Options

Every two or three days a 1 appears on my android bitdefender security icon. I open the app and check all the options in the toolbar at the bottom. There are no new messages and when I close the app the 1 remains. I have to restart the phone to remove it. Can anyone explain what is happening please and should I be worried that Bitdefender is telling me something which I cannot find?

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

Notification badges - also known as notification dots - appear on a launcher icon when the associated app has an active notification. Just touch and hold the Bitdefender Security app icon on your mobile device to reveal the notification.

In your case, i'm more than sure that the badge/dot is shown everytime a Bitdefender malware scan of the mobile device is completed and when you touch and hold the Bitdefender Security app, you'll see this notification:

"Bitdefender Mobile Security

Scan complete - you're safe"

or similar notification(s) and of course it doesn't mean that there's something that Bitdefender tells you, but you can't find it.

To stop the notification badges/dots for this app, go to Settings -> Notifications -> App notifications -> Bitdefender Security, under Notification types unselect Badge and the box should show:

"Badge

Not allowed".

You could also tap on Notification categories to select / unselect the categories for which you want to get notifications.

Or you can simply set the notifications for Bitdefender Mobile Security as you wish.

Regards.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You can send me in PM a screenshot of the icon and i'll post it here for you, so we can better understand your issue.

Reagrds.

• Many thanks Gjoski - screenshot attached with some icons deleted for security

• Many thank again Gjoksi. I had no idea that it was possible to do as you say as I thought the app icon had to be opened before it was 'live'. I am sure what you say is correct but now have to wait for the "1" to appear again to check it out

• Hi Gjoksi. Even more confused now. The "1" appeared again so I tapped it and had three options including uninstall - which did worry me. However when I closed the options the "1" chaned to a blue tick to the top left of icon. When I clicked that it went away and the number changed to "2". Tried the whole process again and it changed to "3". Each occasion having tapped the number I then opened the app and despite looking everywhere could find no message or warning or item highlighted or instruction to do anything. Any further thoughts please?

• Sorry - having tried again I realise I misunderstood your previous message so please ignore my response about ticks and an increasing number. Problem now solved and many thanks