Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installing antivirus plus on a second device

Options

I'm trying to install antivirus plus via the install on another device link but instead of installing the new subscription it opens up my old total defender subscription which lapsed over a year ago. It seems like the installation picks up my old credentials and not the new ones from my sibling. The download link has my siblings name on it but when it finishes installing it turns into the free version of total defender and not not the subscription bought. Any ideas what is going on. The installed product is not linked the current subscription but my old one.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You need to reallocate ALL your devices to the new Bitdefender subscription, by following these steps:

At the end, don't forget to stop the auto-renewal for the old Bitdefender subscription, by following these steps:

Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, because some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal.

From my personal experience, Method 1 did and still does the job for stopping the auto-renewal.

Regards.

• K_JJ
    Options

The new subscription isn't in my name. I bought it with a friend and when I use the instal link it goes to my old and expired subscription. As the link was from my friend I would have expected it to just link it to his subscription. When I have given mine in the past we haven't had this problem. He just installed it via my link. Do I need his login credentials to make it work?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Alexandru_BD @Mike_BD

Any help here? Thanks.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I'll give it a try. @K_JJ I think you have multiple Central accounts. I checked the email address associated with your username here and I could only find Total Security and Premium VPN trials that will expire soon. However, I found your most recent Antivirus Plus order and by the looks of it, the code has been activated in a different Central account. Currently, two out of three slots are occupied. Does the issue persist when trying to protect the third device? Are both devices currently protected, can you check their status?

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user