Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security - Can't View Logs

Options

I've recently finished a scan that detected a few threats. I wanted to see which ones, but when I click on "view long" nothing happens. I've tried multiple times and restarted my computer but nothing happens when I click the button. I've even tried going to the actual folder in ProgramData/Bitdefender/Desktop/etc... but for some reason I get access denied when I try going into the Desktop folder. What should I do?

I know repair is one option, but if I do that then I'll lose the log files won't I? I need to see the log or there's no point

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> select your Bitdefender product, for example Bitdefender Total Security, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Here are some steps you can try:

1. Access the Log Files Directly:

• Attempt to locate the log files manually:
      • Check the default path: C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\Logs
      • Use Windows Search to find files ending with ".log" or ".xml" within Bitdefender's installation directory.

2. Troubleshoot Access Denied Error:

• Run Bitdefender as an administrator: Right-click its icon and select "Run as administrator."
    • Temporarily disable any third-party security software or firewalls that might interfere.
    • If you're comfortable, grant yourself full access to the Desktop folder:
      • Right-click the folder, select "Properties" > "Security" tab > "Edit" > grant "Full control" to your user account.

If issue still persists, you can contact Bitdefender support as stated by @Gjoksi above.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)