No definition updates in two days for Antivirus for Mac

2»

Comments

• VineRider
    VineRider
    edited September 2

Got an update on the 30th of August, and now back to no updates. Two days and no definition updates.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, and now have the latest version (10.2.0.9) and apparently this hasn't fixed the issue.

This has been an ongoing issue ever since it purchased Bitdefender several months ago, sporadic times of no definition updates. Seems like this should be escalated within Bitdefender to get a permanent solution.

• Hi @VineRider,

Yes, this has been escalated with Bitdefender.

Thanks!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks for the update @Alexandru_BD

• Pleonasm
    Pleonasm ✭✭✭

Concerning the installation of updates, one behavior of Antivirus for Mac (10.1.1.5 on macOS 14.6.1) that I have noticed is as follows.

• Checking for updates by selecting "Update threat information database" from the Action menu reports that "Antivirus for Mac is up to date" and no new update messages appear in the Notifications panel.
    • Power off the Mac.
    • Power on the Mac and login, and a new "Update completed successfully" message is now present in the Notifications panel.

It appears that Antivirus for Mac fails to detect the availability of an update when using the "Update threat information database" from the Action menu, but does detect and install an update immediately following a subsequent power off/on cycle. Has anyone else observed the same?

• we have observed this previously but I do not believe it to be a real update. To prove this, I have occasionally rebooted after an update, and am told that another update has posted at the time of the reboot.

• Pleonasm
    Pleonasm ✭✭✭

@sleepdoc, on a few occasions, I have noticed that an update to the Antivirus for Mac application occurs immediately after a reboot (e.g., version 10.0 to 10.1) - but, the same update is not detected and reported prior to the reboot when using the "Update threat information database" from the Action menu. This suggests that the code used to detect the availability of an update may be more thorough and successful when Antivirus for Mac is initializing after a reboot? If so, this observation might assist Bitdefender in improving the performance of the product with respect to updates.

• The same happens for Windows, Bitdefender automatically checks for updates 5 minutes after you turn on the computer and every hour after that. It usually takes a few minutes for the new virus signatures to be downloaded.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Alexandru_BD ,

Is there any update on this? I get updates for a couple days, twice a day, and then nothing. I'm again on day two of no updates.

• Same lack of updates for me in the UK.

As @VineRider said in his message, regular twice a day updates then nothing.

• I have been unable to successfully update threat definitions. I reinstalled Bitdefender 3.17 3.17.276 on a Macbook Pro M1 Max running Ventura but definitions hang and never complete. Any ideas on this? It always hangs on the same file as shown below.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help

Select, How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender productsTroubleshootingI don't knowContact Support→ You will get the option of chatcall or email.

The support team will ask you for logs and even help you generate them so they can be collected to check for the issue.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)