Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Security

Options
DebbieH
DebbieH Defender of the month
edited January 25 in Privacy

Hello, My issue is someone has bypassed the Bitdefender I have installed on my computer, he has access to all that's in my computer, and he has access to my online banking continuously, I have passwords all changed but he keeps on getting in, Bitdefender I do a scan every day, I use SafePay, have believed it to be safe to use but is it? He has Bitdefender for himself and he is laughing it up because he knows Bitdefender can't let me know when he is in my system.

I have IT guy come remotely in the computer he does a malware check,

I'm using Windows 10.

Looking forward to your advice,

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Until you hear back from Bitdefender support, kindly follow the steps below:

1) Disconnect your computer from the internet. This will cut off the attacker's access to your system and prevent them from doing further harm.

2) Change all your passwords again, including your online banking, email, social media, and any other critical accounts. Use strong, unique passwords for each account, and consider using a password manager to make this easier.

3) Contact your bank and inform them of the situation. They may be able to take steps to protect your accounts and prevent further financial loss.

4) Do not use your infected computer for any sensitive activities. This includes banking, online shopping, or accessing any personal information.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    Options

Good morning,

When I read such a problem, it reinforces me even more in the idea that it is especially important to "educate" the user so that he can use the computer safely even if I am aware, that the "zero risk" does not exist.

The instructions given by @Flexx are obvious to me but we can see that it is important to insist and repeat the "good digital practices". 

I think a "digital best practice guide" would be useful in support of a good security suite. 

Regards

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• DebbieH
    Options

Hello,

Yes, Thank you for your reply, fantastic infomation,

As of my comment, since, that evening something did happen, those guys were cut off from all access, they had a hacked tower taken over, and had their wifi system, Thankfully, that problem is gone,

I had looked everywhere for Bit Defender Email, then I got an email from this site I had joined last year,

Bitdefender Central, I saw There was an Email Data Breach, but never saw any notifications on the top, I don't go in Bitdefender Central all the time,

I had a while back contact Bitdefender about another issue, similar, They needed pictures and, documents proof, which I did not have any.

I have contacted all banks, changed all passwords,

It's not just the computer, it's they have credit card readers. Infrared Cameras, other devices,

They have microphones, listening devices, and loudspeakers, all day/evening long,

The farthest whisper can sound as though it is just behind my ear,

This is the technology now,

• TaxiMagicien42
    Options

Good evening @DebbieH,

I want to make it clear that the purpose of my previous message was not to offend anyone in this community.

I simply wanted to stress that it is important to have "good digital practices" to preserve maximum security and privacy.

I apologize if my previous message hurt you.

Regards

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

• DebbieH
    Options

Good Day TaxiMagicien42,

Thank you for getting back, I respect your information and all your comments completely, I did not find anything you have said offensive, I am only speaking for myself,

As I left this board in the area where I live, as I have mentioned, the people here do not communicate verbally person to person they communicate through microphones, I am not sure what they are using, I do not have such a device, but He knows I am in here, How, by my IP address, He has mentioned to all the other in my area I have talked about the reader, scanners, microphones etc, so this is not good,

I think I need to contact BitDefender on other matters that are coming to mind,

Respectfully

@DebbieH

• DebbieH
    Options

Hi TaxiMagicien42,

I like your idea,

preserve maximum security and privacy? How would I go about it? Stay off the internet for one, I guess, The only social media I am on would be this one here,

I have BitDefender, I am glad to have it. It has taken over with good regards firewall, which I love, I guess the Firewall can not do all the protecting? But, the firewall is the protector of the computer is it not?

Thank you in advance.

@DebbieH

• TaxiMagicien42
    Options

Good evening @DebbieH

In today’s world and society, I don’t think you can stay away from the internet in general. You must live with the times!

To stay safe and preserve your privacy it is important to apply some basic principles and rules. 

1° Perform all Windows updates when available.

2° Update each software installed on the Pc.

3° Keep your internet browser systematically updated.

4° Protect your computer with a reliable security suite.

5° Equip your internet browser only with the necessary extensions.

6° If several people use the pc, I recommend creating a "guest account".

7° Do not store personal data or passwords on your internet browser.

8° Use a password manager to generate strong and unique passwords for each account you have.

9° Always enable two-factor authentication when available.

10° Have at least four different email addresses (1 for government institutions; 1 for family and friends; 1 for online purchases and the fourth for surveys and other people).

11° Do not open attachments from unknown senders.

12° Do not connect from public Wifi. If you are forced to connect (for example from a hotel room) use a VPN.

13) Use common sense and vigilance when surfing the Internet (do not click everywhere) and limit the transmission of personal data to a minimum (only when it is mandatory or necessary for the proper operation of the account).

14° On social networks limit "permissions" and limit the transmission of personal data to the bare minimum.

15° Pay attention to messages that are published on the Internet.

16° Regularly save personal data on different media for greater security.

Here are some rules that I have put in place even if I know that "zero risk" does not exist.

I’m sorry I was a little long.

Regards

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

• DebbieH
    Options

Hello

TaxiMagicien42, You have not overextended at all with your information which is appreciated, I've read your list of things to do, I have done most of " 10" I have not done, this is a great idea,

I have mentioned the firewall, BitDeender, In notifications, I noticed it had said the Firewall is off, then it said the Firewall is on, it does this automatically. Why? That worries me,

I have been looking in the wrong area now I see what but this is the trouble with computers online, You are so right, online is used 99.9 percent, I do not even have a phonebook around,

How can I know if a business email is safe when I email them about buying their product, I like to call them up to discuss their products, but that is not an option, I have looked up their positive Google reviews.

Thank you!

@DebbieH

• TaxiMagicien42
    edited January 27
    Options

Hello @DebbieH

Thank you.

Concerning the firewall of Bitdefender, you say I quote: "he said that the firewall was disabled and that the firewall is activated". What do you mean?

Do you think the "hacker" remotely disables and activates the firewall of Bitdefender?

Are you saying that Bitdender’s firewall is malfunctioning and that it can sometimes turn itself off? 

It is important that I understand what you mean, so that I do not make a mistake in understanding the context. 

Keep in mind that no security suite as reliable as it can guarantee to "protect" the user 100%. In my opinion for the protection to be effective, it is imperative that the user applies the few rules I quoted in my previous message.

Regarding the verification of e-mail addresses personally and when in doubt I go to the following site:

The site is amazingly simple to use and understand. 

However, be careful with "uncompromised" email results. For example, if the site tells you that after verification the email is not compromised (present on the dark web) this is not 100% guaranteed. It simply means that at the time of verification, the email address in question is probably not compromised.

I hope I have answered your questions and I remain available if you have any other requests.

Regards

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

• DebbieH
    Options

Hello TaxiMagicien42,

He talks about how he is in my computer. He knows what I say in my emails.

I've noticed firewall BitDefender has gone on and off, a few times, the first time it worried me, I did a scan and it did not do that again till a week ago, now everything seems ok,

I tried your link to Pwned. That was interesting, Thank you for that! I found out which email was Breached. How do I unbreach it?

I hope everything with you remains well,

Thank you again for your time,

DebbieH

• Flexx
    Options

The email of yours was part of the company whose data was breached. It can only happen if you made an account with them. While there is no way to remove the breach since it was part of the respective company, the only way is to change your password.

Regards

• TaxiMagicien42
    Options

Hello @DebbieH

I completely agree with @Flexx.

Therefore, as @Flexx said, it is necessary to change your password but also no longer use your infected computer.

Thanks @Flexx for your help.

Regards

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

• DebbieH
    Options

Hello TaxiMagicien42,

I think I know what happened with the email data breach,

It happened around the time I was going through a police check, This could be it because they were checking that part of me out of the volunteer position I will be doing, I got a clear check,

Today, I did some checking on my computer, I noticed that when I looked online some sites automatically registered me. Auto Dealers. some other sites, Libary. I unregistered myself.

There still is a lot of that other BS not impressed, also, this will be my 3rd approach to type something in here the other two posts vanished.

Thank you for all your help appreciate it greatly!

@DebbieH

• Flexx
    Options

I checked all the comments on this particular post here and did not find any comments that might have been deleted. It may be that you created another post, which can be confirmed by @Alexandru_BD

Regards