Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How can I install and run free or paid edition of Bitdefender on my new HP laptop?

Options

I have bought a new HP laptop and I want to protect it with Bitdefender as the default program.

How can I deactivate the default Windows Defender, McAfee LiveSafe Trial, etc. so they don't conflict with Bitdefender?

System:

HP Laptop 17t-cn300, 17.3"

• Windows 11 Home
  • Intel® Core™ i5-1335U (up to 4.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 10 cores, 12 threads) + Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
  • 16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
  • 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
  • 3-cell, 41 Wh Lithium-ion prismatic Battery

Deciding between: Antivirus Free | Premium Security | Ultimate Security

Best Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

During installation, Bitdefender deactivates and replaces Windows Defender and no further action should be required from you afterwards. You don't have to deactivate anything. 

Also, during the setup, Bitdefender identifies other security products that were previously installed. To ensure these different security solutions will not cause difficulties, you will be advised to uninstall them.

You could also remove McAfee, by following the steps from this article:

Finally, you can install Bitdefender by following these steps:

-- Bitdefender ULTIMATE SECURITY PLUS --

- Available For USA Only -

Included: Protection against malware, spyware, adware; Multi-Layer Ransomware Protection; Premium VPN (Unlimited VPN Traffic); Password Manager; Bank & Credit Card Transaction Alerts; 401(K) Plan & Investment Account Monitoring; 3 Bureaus Credit Monitoring; Up To $2 Million Identity Theft Insurance; Full Identity Theft Protection; Device Optimizer; Parental Control

Operating Systems: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS

Number Of Devices: 10

Subscription: 1 year / 1 month

-- Bitdefender ULTIMATE SECURITY --

- Available For USA Only -

Included: Protection against malware, spyware, adware; Multi-Layer Ransomware Protection; Premium VPN (Unlimited VPN Traffic); Password Manager; 1 Bureau Credit Monitoring; Up To $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance; Full Identity Theft Protection; Device Optimizer; Parental Control

-- Bitdefender PREMIUM SECURITY --

Included: Protection against malware, spyware, adware; Multi-Layer Ransomware Protection; Premium VPN (Unlimited VPN Traffic); Password Manager; Device Optimizer; Parental Control

-- Bitdefender FREE ANTIVIRUS --

Included: Protection against malware, spyware, adware

Operating Systems: Windows

Number Of Devices: 1

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you will install any Bitdefender windows product it will automatically disable windows defender. But if you need additional information, check out below links:

1) Disable Windows Defender: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-off-defender-antivirus-protection-in-windows-security-99e6004f-c54c-8509-773c-a4d776b77960

2) Uninstall McAfee windows product, download and use McAfee product removal tool: https://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/SupportTools/MCPR/MCPR.exe

3) Difference between Bitdefender Premium & Bitdefender Ultimate security, check below stated link: https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/ultimate-security.html (scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the difference between both)

Additionally, the Bitdefender free provides protection against malware only with no additional feature available in Bitdefender Premium & Bitdefender Ultimate security

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)