Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to unblock the use of webcam

Options

Although I have enabled (via privacy/access to webcam) the access to my webcam by apps like webex, zoom and skype, when I try to use them, the camera is still blocked. How can I solve the problem?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Y CH and welcome to the Community!

Make sure to follow these exact steps, especially 6 and 7:

1. Open the main Bitdefender window.

2. Go to the Privacy -> Video & Audio Protection window.

3. Click on Settings

4. Make sure Webcam Protection is active (check if the switch in the Settings pane is

set to ON)

5. Go to the Webcam access tab

6. Click on Add application -> From Windows Store/From your apps

7. Navigate to the application's .exe file, select it and click on OK to add it to the list.

To block the app's access to the webcam, click on the switch next to it, its camera pictogram will be cut through with a diagonal line as in the below example.

Let us know if this solves the issue.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Y CH
    Options

Hello @Alexandru_BD

Thank you for your time to reply.

The problem is that I had already followed those steps, the apps appear to have access to the webcam but in reality they don't.

So, if I try to use Skype for example, it appears like this:

Any other ideas?

Thank you again for your time.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

or

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

NOTE: If the log file is larger than 25MB, you can upload the log file here:

After the upload is done, you will get a notification with the file's URL and then you can share the file's URL with the Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Y CH and thanks for getting back.

Does the app work if you turn OFF webcam protection? I know this defeats the purpose, but it would be useful to know if the apps work without it, to ensure nothing else is blocking them.

In the event the issue persists, a support tool log plus this screenshot from webcam access screen should be provided to the Bitdefender Support teams for futher analysis. Here's how you can generate the support tool log:

Then head to the link below to get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

In the meantime, check if you can use the web-based versions of the apps in question:

Once you discover the reason behind this, we would appreciate if you could let us know.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user