Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Email Protection delays in adding label

Options

Yesterday I setup Email Protection on a Google Workspace and private GMail accounts as a trial. The "Bitdefender:Safe" label was added within a few seconds of new emails arriving. Today I am seeing delays of 15-20 minutes before the label is added, I am refreshing the inbox. Is anyone else experiencing similar delays please?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4
    Options

Hello.

My specs:

OS Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 With Latest Windows Updates Installed

Installed On 18.01.2023

OS Build 19045.3996

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

BD Total Security 27.0.27.129

Google Chrome 121.0.6167.140 x64

Mozilla Firefox 122.0 x64

Microsoft Edge 121.0.2277.98 x64

Just did a test on my laptop and here are the results:

I have 2 (two) different Gmail accounts.

To those two accounts i sent an email from my third Gmail account.

As you can see from the screenshots, the email were successfully received on the 2 Gmail accounts.

But, as you can see, they are not labeled by Bitdefender's Email protection, no matter Dangerous or Safe.

Also, you can see that the program didn't even scan those emails on the 2 Gmail accounts, because it says Total scanned emails 0 and 0 Safe / 0 Dangerous emails on those 2 Gmail accounts.

So, it seems that in my case the feature is actually not scanning the received emails at all.

@Alexandru_BD @camarie Could you please reproduce the issue. Thanks.

Regards.

• AMG_A35
    Options

Just had a mind-numbing chat session with Bitdefender support, they have now raised a ticket.

• Gjoksi
    edited February 4
    Options

Hello again.

Another situation:

It seems that not all received emails are recognized by the program and scanned.

I strongly believe that emails that are not labeled are actually not being scanned.

EDIT:

The label Bitdefender: Safe for the first email appeared with delay of about 10 minutes:

Regards.

• AMG_A35
    Options

On the three accounts I'm monitoring all emails are eventually scanned, but currently taking over an hour!

• Gjoksi
    Options

@AMG_A35

Hi.

All we can do now is to wait for a reply from @Alexandru_BD (who works for Bitdefender) and/or @camarie (Principal Software Developer at Bitdefender). 🙂

Regards.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

Forwarded to the appropriate guys. I don't know much about this feature at this time.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @AMG_A35,

I've noticed the Support teams have replied to you and the case is currently under investigation. The engineers are looking into it and will follow up soon.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user