Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Feature request (from Kaspersky product)

Options
Flexx
Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

I randomly created a Kaspersky account to check the features integrated into the Kaspersky product, which can be considered as feedback for the Bitdefender product.

1) AntiBanner & AdBlocker: This feature blocks ads and protects privacy on main web browsers such as Chrome, Edge, and Firefox (for the time being, until it can be released for other browsers)

2) Software/Application updater: This feature provides the option to update outdated software/applications on Windows and macOS

3) Identity theft checker: This feature allows users to check for identity theft using mobile number (for any country one belongs to) & email. Additionally, it continuously checks for data leaks for mobile number and email in real time and provides update if a leak is found.

For mobile number:

For email:

4) HDD/SSD checker: This feature enables users to assess the lifespan of their HDD/SSD by monitoring drive health and temperature in real-time. It provides comprehensive details of all installed HDD/SSD.

5) Additional features:

@camarie, @Alexandru_BD can you share the link to this specific forum post with your developers. Additionally, can you share your thoughts on this.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

Received. Some of them exists already in the product, albeit in different forms (application updates, OneClick cleanup; Antitracker exists but it seems it does not exactly overlap; about ID theft I cannot say, it is not a feature I know). I particularily like the disk health feature, which is definitely something we should try, and improve the application update to include more than the current list we have.

Forwarded to the team to asses and think on the list. I'm confident we can improve or add features to include them.

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate and make the suggestions!

• Flexx
    edited February 12
    Options

In addition to one-click cleanup functionality, users should have the option to add folders or files for deletion during the cleanup process. This would allow users to target specific locations such as different temporary files location and the prefetch folder for removal in my case. Furthermore, the tool should provide options for wiping free space using various algorithms to ensure secure deletion of data.

Regards

• camarie
    Options

uBlock-like extensions is a sensitive topic, especially with the new Chrome V3 manifest (and not only) which changed the whole game. Also, this is not anymore a security feature, and one ad-using company can object to blocking of their ads on a website - although annyoing for some users, they are not considered (unless malware) a security problem but rathera commercial nuisance. On this one I'm afraid such a feature proposal should go thru legal because I cannot asses all the details on this one.

• Flexx
    Options

Okay, one more feature that you can consider is the real-time cloud-based checking of applications and displaying it like the example below, which looks very eye-catching.

Regards

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

@camarie it would be important, in my opinion, to make it lighter on resources as it currently is for Kaspersky and Avast. 😉

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

This is the feature i would like to be implemented:

It seems that Avast has the best options about the product notifications/popups/alerts.

Regards.

• We already have 2 products that should have the Identity Theft part covered.

If you are a US user: https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/identity-theft-protection.html which also has an insurance covering Identity incidents

or for any other country(not excluding US) you can have https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/digital-identity-protection.html which includes surfaceweb and darkweb monitoring of your data

Both of them are available in central.bitdefender.com

• Flexx
    edited February 12
    Options

Most antimalware vendors offer three security suites for Windows: antivirus, internet security, and total security. Bitdefender, however, has five, ranging from antivirus plus to ultimate security. While each Bitdefender suite has similar features, higher tiers offer additional ones.

This raises the question: why is Bitdefender complicating things?

Let's focus on identity theft protection. While businesses might benefit, users find Bitdefender's standalone products congested. Other security suites bundle all features into their total security package, but Bitdefender splits them across different suites, even transferring some to its online central account, which is inconvenient.

Kaspersky, for example, integrates data breach checks directly into its total security suite, making it user-friendly.

In Bitdefender's mobile security for Android, a data breach checker is available, but not in other suites like antivirus plus, internet security or total security.

Additionally, Bitdefender's identity theft protection is limited to US customers, excluding others.

This complicated approach may serve Bitdefender's business strategy but it's a concern about how Bitdefender operates from a user's perspective.

Regards

• Flexx
    Options

• camarie
    Options

Not at this time. But I will ask them again.

• Flexx
    Options

• camarie
    Options

Although I initiated discussions about this, I am not participating on implementing initiatives. I cannot offer a time frame at this time.

Also, a month is a too short period for such an implementation.