Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is it expected that the service will be enhanced for digital identity protection?

Options
TaxiMagicien42
TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭

Good morning,

Is it expected that the service of Digital Identity Protection will be enriched with the monitoring of other types of data such as social security numbers, credit cards, etc..., for French users?

This was already the case for American customers. 

Also, I guess compliance with the GDPR is a limiting factor now. 

Regards.

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @TaxiMagicien42 and thank you for posting this question. 🙂

Digital Identity Protection is Bitdefender's digital footprint service available for French users. It's a global service that protects and monitors the online identity. We are monitoring local data breaches that may occur in the Dark Web, from French services, also personal data for French users that are involved in global services data breaches such as Yahoo, LinkedIn, Facebook, 500px, MalindoAir. Also, the Digital Footprint service will be enhanced with new features for all users starting with March 2024.

The Identity Theft Protection service is still available for US only, as the registration requires a valid Social Security Number.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Alexandru_BD

Thank you for your response.

I should have remembered that in the United States "identification" is mandatory through the social security number. 

In fact, I asked the question following the data breach that took place at two health insurance subcontractors in France.

Regards,

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus