Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan Flash Drives defaults to 'Autoscan'

Options

Total Security. Scan Flash Drives defaults to 'Autoscan' each time computer is booted. It's annoying and I want the "disabled" option to remain disabled each time I boot computer.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @goff_nz,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. The Scan flash drive preferences should normally be kept after reboot. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you. I thought it was a new feature of Total Security. Apologies if this wasn't the place to post this query.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 21
    Options

Update: an investigation has been opened by the developers following your report. During testing they could reproduce the behavior.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and don't worry, @goff_nz you came to the right place. 😉

We will come up with a fix soon!

• That's good. Tried numerous times to email and 'chat' to Support but failed. Chat wouldn't open and email failed or jumped to a pure white browser window. 😀

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

I understand. If you still encounter this behavior when trying to contact the Support teams in the future, try to clear cache & cookies and maybe exchange browsers, you may try incognito mode as well. Normally, it should work like a charm. 🙂

• Any ETA?

I also have this issue where it detects a cloud solution (pCloud Drive) as a flash drive and scans it for viruses (which includes downloading the files from the internet). Disabling autoscan still doesnt work as of today..

• BassLake
    Options

This is a recurring problem with Bitdefender.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This issue has been apparently resolved with the latest update, which is rolling out slowly, like all BD updates, so that anomalies can be quickly detected without affecting the entire user base.

We have to be patient. Help is coming. Have a great day.

Regards

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I'm following up on this thread as well (sorry, there have been multiple discussions on this topic), a fix has been deployed with the new build version 27.0.30.140. Based on my findings, the update rollout is at 100%

I appreciate everyone's patience throughout the debugging process.

Regards,

Alex

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Alexandru_BD ,

I just got my update this morning. I'm glad to see it rolled out so quickly.

Great job by the BD Support and Development Teams.

Have a great day,

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good morning,

It’s been a long time since I contacted Bitdefender support, and I am pleasantly surprised by their responsiveness.

I agree they did an excellent job and I thank them.

Regards. 

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus