Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Mobile Central App and 2FA

Options
garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alexandru_BD ,

Bitdefender Mobile recommended downloading the BD Central app, so I did so this afternoon. I could not find a Forum dedicated to the mobile Central app, something you might consider, though I know that you do not want to clutter up the BD Forums.

When I entered my Google Authenticator six-digit code, with the space between the 3rd and 4th digits, the mobile Central app told me that the 2FA was wrong or expired, but it logged me in any way. I tried a wrong code and could get nowhere, which is GOOD.

I have always logged into Bitdefender Central on my computer using the space. I have always been successful in logging. One Forum to which I belong and have activated 2FA will reject me if I enter the space. All of the other Forums but that one accept the space.

I am surmising that I was logged in to my Central account even though I used a space because the mobile Central app recognized that it was correct Google Authenticator code good for that one minute.

I respectfully suggest that you remove the error message if the space is used, or stipulate that the space should be omitted.

I can't test omitting the space on my own computer because it is a "trusted device" for a 30-day period, but I will test logging into my Central account from my desktop and omitting the space when I am next asked.

Unauthorized access to the Central account is a serious matter since anyone gaining access can wipe all of the devices connected to that account.

Thank you, and have a great weekend.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Comments

• garioch7
    Options

@Alexandru_BD ,

Ping. I hope that I have not annoyed you. 🙏 I would appreciate clarification. I don't want anyone accessing my Central Account and wiping my devices.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited March 8
    Options

Hello @garioch7,

Sorry, I think I must have missed this post, I mean, I saw it and then lost it. 😅 It's no problem, don't worry.

Anyway, in my opinion the best way to secure your account remains the 2FA feature. For the specific scenario you have described, I believe the support engineers are the most qualified to provide a relevant answer...

And yes, this is the best suited category for such topics.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• garioch7
    Options

@Alexandru_BD ,

Thank you for your reply. I am going to wait until I am requested to "Trust Device" again for my desktop Central Account, omit the space, and see what happens.

As far as I can tell, it is just an erroneous error message caused by the space between the third and fourth digits of the Google Authenticator code since it accepts it as valid.

I will keep you posted. Have a great day and weekend.

Regards,

Phil