Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I am new to bitdefender and can't download the installation file

Options
Elwin
Elwin central.bitdefender.com is having a problem downloading the installation file on Windows 11
edited March 4 in Install & Updates

I am new to bitdefender and cannot download the installation file for Total security. Seems to have an outflow error. I figured my browser was stopping the download. I have disabled all security settings for Firefox and window defender. My machine seems to be wide open. However Bitdefender total security will not download. I can download the app to my phone. What gives. About to ask for a refund.

Gerald E Garrett

[email address removed by admin]

Answers

• klopppper
    Options

me too

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Elwin and welcome to the Community.

Seems to have an outflow error. - can you share with us the exact error message you receive? This may help us pinpoint the possible cause, since there can be several errors encountered in the install process, depending on the nature of the issue.

Is it "Downloading one of the installation files failed", or does the installation window simply disappear without any errors? Have you previously installed Bitdefender on that device, or is there any other active security solution installed there?

Thank you.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Elwin
    Elwin central.bitdefender.com is having a problem downloading the installation file on Windows 11
    Options

Bitdefender seems to have corrected the problem with the distributor. Seems like the problem was not me. Thanks to all who responded.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Alright then, thanks for following up @Elwin, glad to hear it's sorted! 👍️

• JEN2
    Options

I annually buy the Total Internet protection from Bitdefender... and up to now could first time download and install with NO hassles.. now it is downloaded and the programm automatically "removed" the old/ last years programm but when I am supposed to click to OPEN to follow the instructions to install... it does not open, not with double click nor with clicking the OPEN instructions...it just stays unresponsive....??? ANY tips please in simple language as I am not a tech geck at all....

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @JEN2 and thanks for joining us here.

If you are manually renewing your cybersecurity solution each year, you are not required to reinstall the software on the devices where it was previously installed, IF you haven't made any changes, reinstalled the OS or uninstalled the product.

Basically, all you have to do is to redeem the activation code in your Central account following the purchase and the product will update its configuration and validity according to the subscription active in the Central account on all devices that were protected by the previous license. In simple terms, the antivirus should always be linked to the Central account where the license/subscription is running, because it draws its validity from there.

So, my question is this: are you trying to protect another device with your new Bitdefender license and encounter the install issue, or are you trying to install the antivirus on a device that was previously protected by Bitdefender?

Regards,

Alex