Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

in Bitdefender's Total Security virus scan, skipped files are considered clean?

Options

I'm scanning one file, and it says my system is clean, yet it shows that it skipped the file. And it shows no reason/explanation why the file scan was skipped.

Contextual Scan Log File:

Scan date: Thursday, March 14, 2024 4:56:28 PM

Scanned items 1

Detailed Scan Summary

Basic

Scanned items 1

Infected items 0 (no infected items have been detected)

Suspicious items 0 (no suspected items have been detected)

Resolved items 0 (no threats have been detected during this scan)

Unresolved items 0 (no issues remained unresolved)

Advanced

Scan time 0:0:01

Files per second 1

Skipped items 1

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Those skipped files may be password-protected files which may or may not carry infections. If you know the password of the file, you can enter it when the scanning window prompts you to do so. If you don't remember the password of a protected ZIP file, it's not an issue because password-protected files cannot extract themselves and cause infections. Additionally, there are some Windows-based files that are password-protected, which can be directly ignored.

Remember, at the time of scanning, if you click 'Ignore' for scanning password-protected files when a dialogue box appears, they will all be skipped, and the results will display information about the files that were skipped due to being password-protected.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thanks for the reply. These definitely weren't password protected. They were just skins that I downloaded from online for a media player application. It's funny you mentioned the dialog box regarding skipping password protected files. I read that for the first time yesterday and had no idea what they were referring to. This does not happen with my Bitdefender Total Security software. I've never seen this prompt when running scans.

• Flexx
    Options

Can you share the exact download links via PM for checking purposes?

Thanks

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

@rboyce212 have you previously scanned that particular file with Bitdefender, or the folder where it's located? I'm thinking that maybe, if the antivirus is set to scan only new files on your device, or files that were modified, it may not inspect it again, if the file was scanned before and hasn't changed between scans.. just a thought.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Flexx sent...

@Alexandru_BD ...thanks for the response. I disabled that feature last time I had an infection.

• Flexx
    Options

I scanned the files, and they were easily scanned. Also, the files are not password protected.

Regards

• My problem is that it says it's clean after the scan. But upon inspection of the advanced detail scan summary, I could see that the files were skipped.

• Flexx
    Options