Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cryptomining protection - Premium Security - Mac

Options

Hi there, seen the email from Bitdefender advising Cryptomining protection is now included. However cannot see the option on the Mac software - is it just for Windows machines?

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @JAPS1972,

You are correct, the feature is unsupported on macOS.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Pleonasm
    Pleonasm ✭✭✭
    Options

@Alexandru_BD, does Bitdefender intend to add the "cryptomining protection" feature to Antivirus for Mac? (Thank you.)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Pleonasm,

I've seen your recent post in the ideation section, thank you for that. I'll reply to you here as well and expand a bit. For now, there are no foreseeable plans to include Cryptomining Protection in Antivirus for Mac. One of the reasons I can think of right now is that since the OS is much more restrictive, mirroring the same in-depth technologies available on Windows is not always possible, due to the limited access provided to developers. Apple may hold primary functions in some areas for themselves. However, if this feature makes it on the roadmap of future developments on macOS, we shall also announce this on the forum.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user