Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BITDEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY / THREAT DETECTED IN THUNDERBIRD E-MAIL CLIENT

Options

Recently a Bitdefender Scan (Total Security 2024) detected a threat (Trojan.CVE_2024_21413.3.Gen) in one of the folders on my desktop Thunderbird e-mail client (v.115.8.1 64-bit.) Unfortunately, Bitdefender could not identify the specific message(s) where the infection was detected, only the folder. Initially, I just let Bitdefender "Take Proper Action" which unfortunately deleted numerous folders and sub-folders containing hundreds of e-mail messages. (Luckily, I had a recent backup of my Thunderbird data store file to restore the deleted data - though I was not pleased!) Apparently, Bitdefender cannot parse the native .xml storage language of Thunderbird. Although Bitdefender Customer Support and this forum was queried, no answers were provided. What I came up with was using a Thunderbird add-on, "Import/Export Tools NG" and exporting specific folders into another format, in this case .eml. Bitdefender could identify the specific infected messages here. I then manually deleted the infected messages from within Thunderbird, and after "compacting" the folders and Trash, subsequent scans were clean. Figured I would post this just in case another Bitdefender user has a similar issue.