Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

WindowsPackageManagerServer.exe blocked

Options
technomad
technomad Defender of the month ✭✭

As my firewall alert mode has been turned off I am not seeing lots of panels and some programs are getting blocked that look like they should be allowed. I did not block access.

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@technomad ,

There is a bug with Alert mode turning itself off when going full screen, but I have not seen a report of this type of warning from BD.

I recommend contacting Support.

Chat is the fastest way to reach them. Telephone support is not toll-free, and you have an email option.

Please post back any solutions so that others may learn. Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• technomad
    Options

As soon as I login to my laptop in the morning I open Bitdefender and check alert mode and leave the panel open and keep turning it on throughout the day. What I am pointing out is that when it has turned itself off it is blocking a variety of well known programs and the image was just one example. So I am periodcally checking the notifications at the same time as turning on alert mode.

• garioch7
    Options

@technomad ,

As you know, there is a bug reported about Alert mode turning itself off actively under investigation. The issue you report could be related to you trying to keep Alert mode on. Only Bitdefender Customer Support can advise you authoritatively. I really think you should contact them.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• technomad
    Options

Ticket created.

• garioch7
    Options

@technomad ,

Great! Please keep us posted. Other users may benefit from the suggested solution.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• technomad
    Options
    Support replied:

"I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue that has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix that will be done by means of an automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end."

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Yes, the fix is still in the pipeline and I'm trying to get an update on the release date. I will come back as soon as I have news.

Thanks

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• technomad
    Options

This is still happening and yesterday when I allowed a program that had been blocked I wanted to check later which program it was.

When the alert panel is working I see which programs I have allowed access to in info?

Is this in a log somwhere? All events, so all the applications that were blocked by the rules (alert mode off) and then allowed by the user.