Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Monthly Subscription for Bitdefender Premium

Options

Hi, I would be really grateful for advice on the monthly payment I set up for Bitdefender Security Premium subscription on 31/03/2024.

I thought this would be a rolling monthly subscription for 12 months. However, while activating my subscription I noticed the renewal said 30/04/2024.

When I clicked on the renewal tab, just to make sure that it was referring to the next monthly payment, the only option I have is to renew for the whole year?

I wanted an annual monthly subscription and was offered that at the point of buying the subscription. So why is my new subscription ending after only one month?

Also, there appears to be no reduction in the annual subscription price, bearing in mind that I've paid for this month so should only be paying for 11 further months.

It seems strange to offer a monthly subscription to then set the expiry, for the whole subscription, to the end of the first month on the first day?

I might be misinterpreting the information presented to me on my account. But I've read and read it and my understanding is my monthly subscription has ended up being for just one month?

Thank you for your assistance with my query. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Answers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@kelticvalkyrie ,

Volunteers do not have access to your BD Central Account. I am pinging @Alexandru_BD , the Forum Administrator, who is a Bitdefender employee. He can check your account and tell you what is happening. You could also contact Bitdefender Support if you want.

Chat is the fastest way to reach them. Telephone support is not toll-free, and you also have an email option.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• kelticvalkyrie
    Options

Hi Phil, thank you for the information. I'm very new to the community forum. I'll wait to hear from @Alexandru_BD and what he suggests. Otherwise I'll do as you suggest and phone support.

Thank you for your help it's appreciated. I hope you've had a good Bank Holiday weekend.

Kind regards,

Fiona

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@kelticvalkyrie ,

I know that @Alexandru_BD has been here on the Forums, but he probably had a big backlog after returning from the long weekend. He should pop in within another 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Based on my findings, you have a monthly Premium Security subscription with the automatic renewal feature still enabled. This means that the subscription will not technically "expire" in 28 days, but its validity will be automatically extended, in the event the automatic renewal feature is kept enabled. The expiration date is still displayed in the event automatic billing is disabled.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• kelticvalkyrie
    Options

@Alexandru_BD thank you for checking for me and confirming that I do have a monthly subscription set up.

For whatever reason on my Bitdefender Central account my subsciption had been showing an expiry date of the 30th of April with only the full annual amount as a payment option.

After reading your reply I logged back into my Bitdefender Central account and looked at my subscription. It is now showing me a monthly subscription.

Thank you very much for your assistance with this. It is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Fiona

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

You are most welcome, although I didn't actually do anything, the information probably updated itself. 😄

Anyway, it's good to know it's sorted now and thank you for joining us here.

Enjoy your Bitdefender and have a great day!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user